Search This Blog

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Update on privacy issue

July 20, 2019

Update on privacy issue.

I recently posted newspaper articles that included the obituary for George and Alvena Sharp.  I have edited the post by deleting the names of the persons who attended the funeral, as some of those attending or who were pallbearers could still be living.

My only other option was to make the blog where each person viewing it would have to set up a Google account and have my permission to view it.  I have decided that it would be better to have
more people have access to it, so I am deleting information unless I have confirmed that everyone mentioned is deceased.

I have also made my Ancestry.com tree private but I will share the site with anyone who requests it as long as I know they are family.  Ancestry does a good job of not showing anyone that is living, but if I copy the obituary, the pictures are available for anyone to see.  Also Find A Grave, a website that shows the gravestones and cemetery location, sometimes will include a short biography of the person and might include living persons.

If anyone wants to see more information than what I blog about, please contact me and I will share My Ancestry tree with them.

I had someone check my blog and they mentioned the privacy issue - unfortunately in this time we live in, there are people trying to steal your information and I don't want to make it easier for them.

Debbie Sharp Iseminger

No comments:

Post a Comment